This program is fully contained in the Early Childhood Education, AAS degree
Total Program Credits: 17
Estimated Program Length: Two terms
Offered by the Social Science Division, 541.463.5427
Career Pathway Certificate of Completion Requirements
Program Coordinator Application information is available from the Early Childhood Education program coordinator Jean Bishop, Bldg. 24, Rm. 121, 541.463.5287 and Enrollment and Student Financial Services, as well as online at lanecc.edu/cfe/ece.
Purpose Prepares student to work in an early childhood education setting as a Teacher Aide 1 as defined by the Oregon Child Care Division. Students completing this certificate will also achieve Level 7.5 in the Oregon Professional Development Registry for Early Childhood
- Develop a creative Imagination to understand suitable art forms to offer young children.
- Explain theories of development relating to the early years.
- Express and understand the use of guidance that supports moral autonomy in young children.
- Identify state rules and regulations regarding health and safety which govern licensing of early childhood programs.
- Demonstrate in a supervised lab school setting awareness of consistent, appropriate guidance and developmentally appropriate.
Advising Ben Fisher and Andi Graham can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Openings and Wages Projected through 2022
See the Career Pathways Roadmap
Estimated Program Cost
|Resident Tuition and General Student Fees
||Total Estimated Cost
*Course fees may change during the year. See the online credit class schedule for fees assigned to courses.
- Some ECE and HDFS courses are offered through College Now at high schools in Lane County and outlying areas. For more information, see https://www.lanecc.edu/hsconnections/collegenow/courses-high-school
- Prerequisites are not required for most ECE and HDFS courses. See course descriptions.
- Transfer Credit for Prior Learning may be granted based on OCCD Oregon Registry Steps. See program coordinator or academic advisor for details.