Aug 15, 2020
Length: One year, 46 credits
Estimated Cost: $7,382
- Books - $774
- Program-Specific Fees - $225
- Resident Tuition and General Student Fees - $6,383
Tuition and fee estimates are based on the prior academic year's rates. Course fees may change during the year. Learn more and view updated tuition and fee information at www.lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
The purpose of this program is to train students in the technical skills and knowledge of the construction industry. The graduate of this program can expect to work in the residential and commercial building construction field.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic carpentry skills for the construction industry.
- Cut, fit, and assemble wood and other materials for building construction.
- Demonstrate and use industry safety standards.
- Use blueprint reading skills necessary to the profession.
- Demonstrate knowledge of laser level and field elevations.
- Enter the workforce in the field of construction.
GENERAL EDUCATION courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Math (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Human Relations (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Program Core Courses
PROGRAM CORE courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass. Students must complete 5 credits each of CST 118A, 118B and 118C, for a total of 15 credits.
- This program is fully contained in the Construction Technology, AAS degree
- This program follows the Certificate of Completion Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is recommended for all applicants to this program.
- Cooperative Education (Co-op): In certain circumstances, Co-op experience may be substituted for major coursework. For more information, please see your Academic Advisor or Program Coordinator.