Aug 15, 2020
Length: One year, 45 credits
Estimated Cost: $7,222
- Books: $937
- Program-Specific Fees: $156
- Resident Tuition and General Student Fees: $6,129
Tuition and fee estimates are based on the prior academic year's rates. Course fees may change during the year. Learn more and view updated tuition and fee information at www.lanecc.edu/esfs/credittuition.
The purpose of this program is to train and prepare graduates from diverse backgrounds to work with and assist architects, engineers, other designers, and technicians as part of construction, manufacturing, or engineering teams. Coursework prepares graduates to work collaboratively as design paraprofessionals across a range of capacities using a variety of software platforms. Students build skills in problem-solving, analysis, technical graphics, and basic design. Successful graduates are able to communicate effectively in multiple formats.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic competence in the use of CAD and solid modeling software.
- Visualize three-dimensional objects from multiple viewing directions and translate three-dimensional objects into two-dimensional drawings.
- Create mechanical and architectural drawings which follow recognized national standards for format, annotation, lines, and symbols.
- Communicate clearly in written, verbal, and graphic formats.
GENERAL EDUCATION courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Algebra Requirement (4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Geometry Requirement (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Human Relations Requirement (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Computer Literacy (4 credits):
Program Core Courses
PROGRAM CORE courses must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better, or Pass.
PROGRAM ELECTIVES must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass. Complete 4-6 credits. Choose from the following: