Nov 28, 2021
Length: One year, 45 credits
Estimated Cost: $6,652
- Books/Course Materials - $1,650
- Resident Tuition and General Student Fees $5,002
Tuition and fee estimates are based on the prior academic year's rates. Course tuition and fees may change during the year. Learn more and view updated tuition and fee information at www.lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for successful careers as early childhood professionals in a variety of settings such as private and public child care programs as well as in-home family childcare.
Students who complete this program should be able to:
- Design a Reggio-inspired curriculum approach for children to learn to make appropriate choices and actively participate in their own learning.
- Apply age-appropriate guidance strategies so children develop empathy, moral autonomy, self-worth and the ability to self-regulate in challenging situations.
- Use basic mathematics in everyday life and business transactions, including measurement, introduction of probability and statistics, reading graphs and tables, and signed numbers.
- Develop and apply research skills to access information using print and online resources, including the library catalog and reference sources.
GENERAL EDUCATION courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Math (3 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Human Relations (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Program Core Courses
PROGRAM CORE courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
- This program follows Certificate of Completion Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- This program is fully contained in the Early Childhood Education, AAS degree.
- Some ECE and HDFS courses are offered through College Now at high schools in Lane County and outlying areas. For more information, see https://www.lanecc.edu/hsconnections/collegenow/courses-high-school
- Students who do not meet reading and/or math requirements may apply to PASS Lane for alternative admission process. Contact Marcia Koenig (email@example.com), 541.463.5818, Bldg 11/244.
- Prerequisites are not required for most ECE and HDFS courses.
- Transfer Credit for Prior Learning may be granted based on OCCD Oregon Registry Steps. See Program Coordinator for details.
- Students seeking a one-year certificate will complete 90 hours of student teaching (ECE 240 ) in the LCC Child Care Center. See the Program Coordinator for further information and to schedule your hours.