Mar 30, 2023
Length: Two years, 90 credits
Estimated Cost: $16,148
- Books/Course Materials - $1,894
- Computers/Internet Service - $1,500
- Online Course Fees - $300
- Technology Fees - $810
- Resident Tuition and General Student Fees - $11,644
Tuition and fee estimates are based on the prior academic year’s rates. Course fees may change during the year. Learn more and view updated tuition and fee information at www.lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
The purpose of this program is to prepare graduates for positions in management, sales and marketing, human resources, administration, and project management. The program includes electives to enable students to focus on one business area or develop a general background prior to assuming management positions.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Apply adaptive marketing, financial, managerial, and leadership theories in a business context
- Demonstrate an understanding of the functions of leading, planning, organizing, and controlling in an organization
- Perform on the job in ways that reflect professional ethics, legal standards, and organizational expectations
- Use accounting and financial information to make informed and timely planning and budgeting decisions to promote organizational goals
- Utilize current software technologies, including word processing, spreadsheets, and document management systems to input, organize, create, and present professional documents, workpapers, and presentations for both internal and external users
- Use research and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support business decisions
General Education courses must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (4 credits):
Mathematics (8-9 credits) - Complete two courses:
- Math Course #1 (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
- Math Course #2 (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Health / PE / Dance (3 credits):
- Complete any Health (HE), Physical Education (PE, PEAT, PEO), or Dance (D) course or any combination of these courses.
Electives (1-3 credits) :
- Complete any course(s) 100-level or higher to reach 90 credits. See Courses for options.
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a letter grade of C or better. P/NP not accepted. BA 278 meets the Human Relations requirement.
Cooperative Education and Seminar courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted.
Cooperative Education (5 credits) - Complete both of the following:
Directed Electives must be completed with a letter grade of C or better. P/NP not accepted. 14-16 credits; choose one group of electives. Students may also choose to mix and match from different lists. Please see your Academic Advisor for more information.
Small Business Management