Dec 01, 2021
Length: Two years, 90 credits
Estimated Cost: $14,151
- Instruments/Tools - $1,500
- Resident Tuition and General Student Fees - $12,651
Tuition and fee estimates are based on the prior academic year's rates. Course tuition and fees may change during the year. Learn more and view updated tuition and fee information at www.lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
The purpose of this program is to prepare graduates for entry-level positions in the fields of graphic and digital design.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Design a variety of graphic materials including advertising, corporate identity, publications, packaging, signage, marketing, and web graphics.
- Solve graphic communication problems through the use of computer technology used in the field.
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamental art, communication, and marketing principles in the development of design solutions.
- Demonstrate understanding of professional business standards and practices.
- Demonstrate ability to design and produce materials that will meet professional standards for reproduction.
- Use appropriate library and information resources to research design problems, issues, and technology, as well as, to support lifelong technical learning.
General Education courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (4 credits) - Complete the following:
Math (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Human Relations (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Cooperative Education must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted. Complete 6 credits of Cooperative Education.
Program Electives must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted. Complete 5 credits of Program Electives. Choose any combination of courses from the following subject list (see complete course listing for information about specific courses):
- ARH - Art History
- ART - Art
- AUD - Audio Production
- CINE - Cinema Studies
- FA - Film Arts
- J - Journalism
- MDP - Multimedia Production
- MUL - Multimedia
- VP - Video Production
- This program follows the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- Cooperative Education (Co-op) offers students college credit and a grade for on-the-job work experience related to their educational and career goals. Through Co-op, students connect theory and practice, develop skills, expand career knowledge, and make contacts for the future. Work schedules and work sites vary. A minimum of six credits of Co-op in graphic design is required for completion of the graphic design program. Contact Teresa Hughes, Graphic Design Cooperative Education Coordinator, Bldg. 17, Rm. 106, 541.463.3179, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students using lower-credit courses to meet General Education requirements may need to take additional credits to meet the 90-credit minimum.