Oct 30, 2020
Length: Two years, 90 credits
Estimated Cost: $16,535
- Books/Course Materials - $2,281
- Computers/Internet Service - $1,500
- Online Course Fees - $300
- Technology Fees - $810
- Resident Tuition and General Student Fees - $11,644
Tuition and fee estimates are based on the prior academic year's rates. Course fees may change during the year. Learn more and view updated tuition and fee information at www.lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
The purpose of this program is to prepare graduates to enter the field of accounting.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Operate effectively within time constraints to meet the accounting needs of financial, tax, payroll, and legal compliance requirements
- Use computerized and manual systems to record accounting data and prepare accounting statements and reports
- Perform on the job in ways that reflect professional ethics, legal standards, and organizational expectations
- Use accounting and financial information to make informed and timely planning and budgeting decisions to promote organizational goals
- Utilize current software technologies, including word processing, spreadsheets, and document management systems to input, organize, create, and present professional documents, workpapers, and presentations for both internal and external users
- Use research and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support business decisions
General Education courses must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (4 credits):
Mathematics (8-9 credits) - Complete two courses:
- Math Course #1 (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
- Math Course #2 (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Health / PE / Dance (3 credits):
- Complete any Health (HE), Physical Education (PE, PEAT, PEO), or Dance (D) course or any combination of these courses.
Electives (1-3 credits) :
- Complete any course(s) 100-level or higher to reach 90 credits. See Courses for options.
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a letter grade of C or better. P/NP is not accepted. BA 278 meets the Human Relations requirement.
Cooperative Education and Seminar courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted.
Cooperative Education (5 credits) - Complete both of the following: