Nov 27, 2021
Program Length: One year, 45 credits
Program Prerequisites: 23-24 credits
Estimated Cost: $14,530
- Books - $675
- Certification, Licensure, Exams, Physicals - $248
- Computers/Internet Service - $850
- *Differential Fees - $3,931
- Program-Specific Fees - $2,727
- Resident Tuition and General Student Fees - $6,099
Course tuition and fees may change during the year. Learn more and view updated tuition and fee information at www.lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition. *This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program. Tuition and fee estimates are based on the prior academic year's rates.
The purpose of this program is to prepare the student for a certificate in Practical Nursing (PN), which meets the educational requirements for the national exam for PN licensure (NCLEX-PN).
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Identify issues and care for clients in multiple healthcare settings
- Demonstrate understanding of how to develop a nursing care plan and identify the difference between the LPN and RN roles in developing and implementing the plan
- Pathophysiology, medical management and nursing intervention in caring for clients with all conditions to include acute, chronic, obstetrics, psychiatric and terminal illnesses
- Understand the principles of pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Program Prerequisites must be completed with a letter grade of C or better. P/NP is not accepted.
Prerequisites to Apply (8 credits)
The following courses are required prior to application submission. In order to be competitive in the selection process, you may need additional courses. Work with your Academic Advisor to select appropriate courses.
Prerequisites for Admission (15 credits)
The following courses are required prior to beginning the program.
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a letter grade of C or better. P/NP is not accepted (except for PN 101B , PN 102B , & PN 103B ). PN 101A meets the Human Relations requirement and cannot be substituted. It is recommended students complete WR 121 and WR 122 prior to program entry.
Practical Nursing, accredited by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN), 17938 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd., Portland, OR 97163-0685, oregon.gov/OSBN.
Licensing and Certification
Completion of this program gives a student a Certificate in Practical Nursing, which meets the educational requirements for the National Exam for PN licensure (NCLEX-PN).