Feb 05, 2023
Length: One year, 45 credits
Estimated Cost: $7,707
- Books/Materials - $350
- *Differential Fees - $916
- Program-Specific Fees - $686
- Uniforms - $145
- Resident Tuition and General Student Fees - $5,610
Tuition and fee estimates are based on the prior academic year’s rates. Course tuition and fees may change during the year. Learn more and view updated tuition and fee information at www.lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition. *This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
This program is for students who wish to gain entry into the food service industry as a beginning baking and pastry cook. It is also for those currently employed in the industry who wish to have greater knowledge and experience than what is provided in some industry settings.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Develop essential and advanced baking and pastry knowledge and skills.
- Operate equipment including cook tops, food processors, ovens (baking, convection, and conventional), dough mixers and a variety of kitchen tools.
- Gain a broad understanding of the culinary arts and hotel/restaurant/tourism management industry and the various segments that comprise the industry.
- Perform mathematical functions related to food service operations.
- Gain understanding of nutrient functions, food sources and guidelines.
- Develop an understanding of global sustainability and environmental movements, and their impact on the hospitality industry.
General Education courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass; and may be completed prior to program entry or during any program term.
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted
Cooperative Education must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted. Complete 5 credits of Cooperative Education.
Program Electives must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted. Complete a minimum of 2 credits of Program Electives from the following: