Total Program Credits: 22
Estimated Program Length: Three terms
Offered by Culinary Arts & Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism Management , 541.463.3518
Certificate of Completion Requirements
Program Coordinator Wendy Milbrat, 541.463.3518, email@example.com
Dean Christopher Rehn
Purpose The certificate in Baking and Pastry is for students who want to gain entry into the food service industry as beginning bakers and pastry cooks.
Learning Outcomes The student who successfully completes all Baking and Pastry requirements will:
- Develop essential and advanced baking and pastry knowledge and skills.
- Operate equipment including cook tops, food processors, ovens (baking, convection, and conventional), dough mixers and a variety of kitchen tools.
- Perform mathematical functions related to food service operations.
Admission Information A separate application to the program is required. Admission information is available from the Culinary Arts and Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism Management office, Building 19, Room 204 or online at lanecc.edu/culinary; or email: CulinaryHospPrograms@lanecc.edu
Advising Contact Lori Areford and Josh Baker at CulinaryHospPrograms@lanecc.edu
Job Openings and Wages Projected through 2022
Lane County openings - 47 annually
Statewide openings - 474 annually
Lane County average hourly - $14.17 , average annual -$29,456
Oregon average hourly $14.78 , average annual - $30,736
Estimated Program Cost
|Program Specific Fees
|Resident Tuition and General Student Fees
||Total Estimated Cost
*This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program. These fees and other course fees may change during the year. See the online credit class schedule for fees assigned to courses.
- A Lane County Food Handlers card is required for entry into the program.
- Students must complete college placement tests showing readiness for MTH 025 / MTH 025C or higher and WR 097 or higher to be accepted into the program. Students who do not meet reading and/or math requirements may apply to PASS Lane Summer programming for alternative admission process. PASS Lane contact is Marcia Koening (firstname.lastname@example.org) 541.463.5818, Bldng 11/244.
- This certificate is a fall term start only.
- Prerequisites are required for some courses. See Courses .
- Students meet the mathematics requirement with any class MTH 025 or higher, but it is strongly recommended to take MTH 025C . If math is taken in the self-paced format through the Math Resource Center then all credits must be completed to meet the math requirement.