This program is fully contained in the Computer Network Operations, AAS degree
Total Program Credits: 16
Estimated Program Length: Three terms
Offered by the Computer Information Technology Department, 541.463.5221
Career Pathway Certificate of Completion Requirements
Program Coordinator Don Easton, Bldg.19 Rm. 148
Dean Christopher Rehn
Purpose To train those who already have networking skills to secure workstations, servers, and other networking devices.
Advising Deidre Lyons and Elaine Zalonis can be reached at CITPrograms@lanecc.edu
- Understand the security fundamentals required to help safeguard computer networks.
- Implement wireless network security protections.
- Identify and counteract attacks on workstations, servers, and other networking devices.
- Identify vulnerabilities, discuss their resolutions, and generate vulnerability reports.
- Install and utilize various security industry accepted tools.
- Install and configure firewalls and VPNs.
- Troubleshoot security issues and implement and test resolutions.
Job Openings and Wages Projected through 2022
See the Career Pathways Roadmap
Estimated Program Cost
|Resident Tuition and General Student Fees
||Total Estimated Cost
*Course fees may change during the year. See the online credit class schedule for fees assigned to courses.