This program is fully contained in the Early Childhood Education, AAS degree
Total Program Credits: 20
Estimated Program Length: Two terms
Offered by the Social Science Department, 541.463.5427
Career Pathway Certificate of Completion Requirements
Program Coordinator Jean Bishop, email@example.com; 541.463.5287
Dean Philip Martinez
Purpose Prepares graduates to work as early childhood education teaching assistants.
- Analyze teaching experiences and goals, then match planning to philosophy of teaching and educational practice.
- Explain theories of development relating to the early years.
- Express and understand the use of developmentally appropriate guidance.
- Identify developmental characteristics and developmental needs of young children in the areas of physical, intellectual, emotional, social and language development.
Advising Ben Fisher and Andi Graham can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Openings and Wages Projected through 2022
See the Career Pathways Roadmap
Estimated Program Cost
|Resident Tuition and General Student Fees
||Total Estimated Cost
*Course fees may change during the year. See the online credit class schedule for fees assigned to courses.
- Some ECE and HDFS courses are offered through College Now at high schools in Lane County and outlying areas. For more information, see https://www.lanecc.edu/hsconnections/collegenow/courses-high-school
- Prerequisites are not required for most ECE courses. See course descriptions.
- Transfer Credit for Prior Learning may be granted based on OCCD Oregon Registry Steps. See program coordinator or academic advisor for details.