2019-2020 Lane Community College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Shielded Metal Arc Welder, CPC
This program is fully contained in the Welding Processes, 1-yr Certificate
Total Program Credits: 15
Estimated Program Length: Three Terms
Offered by the Advanced Technology Division, 541.463.5380
Career Pathway Certificate of Completion Requirements
Program Coordinator Tracy Rea, Bldg 15, Rm. 201, 541.463.5151, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean Lynn Nakamura
Purpose To prepare the graduate for employment for entry-level positions in the metal fabrication industry.
Learning Outcomes The graduate will:
- Demonstrate proficiency at a industry entry-level with Shielded Metal Arc Welding.
- Weld and cut metal as is typical of circumstances found in industrial environments.
- Demonstrate and use industry safety standards.
Admission Information See lanecc.edu/advtech/wld or contact the Advanced Technology Division, AdvTechPrograms@lanecc.edu
Cooperative Education (Co-op) Co-op offers students college credit and a grade for on-the-job work experience related to their educational and career goals. Through Co-op students connect theory and practice, develop skills, expand career knowledge, and make contacts for the future. Work schedules and work sites vary. In certain circumstances, Co-op experience may be substituted for major course work. Contact Cooperative Education at http://www.lanecc.edu/cooped/contact
Job Openings and Wages Projected through 2022
See the Career Pathways Roadmap
Lane County average hourly - $23.53; average annual - $48,491
Oregon average hourly - $20.66; average annual - $42,945
Estimated Program Cost
|Program Specific Fees
|Resident Tuition and General Student Fees
||Total Estimated Cost
*Course fees may change during the year. See the online credit class schedule for fees assigned to courses.
- Minimum placement score of 68 in Reading, or completion of RD 087 and EL 115 , or prior college. A high school diploma or equivalent is recommended for all applicants to this program.
- Prerequisites are required for some courses. See course listing .
- If math is taken in the self-paced format through the Math Resource Center then all credits must be completed to meet math requirements.
- Students may be able to substitute an alternative welding course. Please see an academic advisor to arrange preapproved substitutions.