2019-2020 Lane Community College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Graphic Design, AAS
Total Program Credits: 98-100
Estimated Program Length: Two years
Offered by the Arts Division , 541.463.5409
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Requirements
Program Coordinator Contact Arts Division, Bldg. 11, Room 101
Dean JS Bird
Purpose To prepare graduates for entry-level positions in the fields of graphic and digital design.
Learning Outcomes The student who successfully completes all Graphic Design requirements will be able to:
- Design a variety of graphic materials including advertising, corporate identity, publications, packaging, signage, marketing, and web graphics.
- Solve graphic communication problems through the use of computer technology used in the field.
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamental art, communication, and marketing principles in the development of design solutions.
- Demonstrate understanding of professional business standards and practices.
- Demonstrate ability to design and produce materials that will meet professional standards for reproduction.
- Use appropriate library and information resources to research design problems, issues, and technology, as well as, to support lifelong technical learning.
Admission Information Open admission for first year. Limited admission for second year. See lanecc.edu/mediaarts/graphicdesign/second-year-graphic-design-program.
Advising Contact Judy Gates at ArtsPrograms@lanecc.edu
Cooperative Education (Co-op) Co-op offers students college credit and a grade for on-the-job work experience related to their educational and career goals. Through Co-op, students connect theory and practice, develop skills, expand career knowledge, and make contacts for the future. Work schedules and work sites vary. A minimum of six credits of Co-op in graphic design is required for completion of the graphic design program. Contact Teresa Hughes, Graphic Design Cooperative Education Coordinator, Bldg. 17, Rm. 106, 541.463.3179, email@example.com
Job Openings and Wages Projected through 2022
Career Pathways Roadmap
Lane County openings - 37 annually
Statewide openings - 507annually
Lane County average hourly - $22.43; average annual - $46,661
Oregon average hourly - $27.31 average annual - $56,795
Estimated Program Cost
|Resident Tuition and General Student Fees
||Total Estimated Cost
*Course fees may change during the year. See the online credit class schedule for fees assigned to courses.