Total Program Credits: 90-94
Estimated Program Length: Two years
Offered by the Business Department 541.463.5221
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Requirements
Program Coordinator Chris Culver, 541.463.5153, firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose To prepare graduates to enter the field of accounting.
Advising Lori Areford and Josh Baker can be reached at BusinessAdvising@lanecc.edu
- Anticipate and actively explore innovative solutions to technological and organizational challenges.
- Apply critical thinking and analytical skills in decision-making and problem solving.
- Formulate questions that can be addressed with data and collect, organize, and display relevant data to answer them.
- Organize and manage the daily business functions of an organization.
- Perform on the job in ways that reflect professional ethics, legal standards, and organizational expectations.
- Understand accounting as the “language of business”.
- Use computerized and manual systems to record data and prepare accounting statements and reports.
- Use research and analytical skills to support the activities of the organization.
- Use software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases to input, manage, and interpret information to meet organizational needs.
- Work independently within diverse business environments; apply individual strengths and critical thinking to collaborative efforts.
- Create and present professional documents, work papers, and presentations for both internal and external users.
- Apply accounting theory to analyze accounting information.
- Understand and monitor the financial, tax, payroll, legal, and other compliance requirements for a variety of organizational entities.
- Plan, budget, and evaluate financial performance.
Cooperative Education (Co-op) Students earn credit while gaining relevant work experience related to their educational and career goals. Through Co-op, students connect theory and practice, develop skills, expand career knowledge, and make contacts for future employment. Contact Jamie Kelsch, Co-op Coordinator, Bldg. 19, Rm. 253A, 541.463.5540, email@example.com
Job Openings and Wages Projected through 2022
Career Pathways Roadmap
Lane County openings - 253 annually
Statewide openings - 2,883 annually
Lane County average hourly - $18.66; average annual - $38,816
Oregon average hourly - $19.99; average annual - $41,583
Estimated Program Cost
|Resident Tuition and General Student Fees
||Total Estimated Cost
*Course fees may change during the year. See the online credit class schedule for fees assigned to courses.