This program is fully contained in the Multimedia Design, AAS degree
Total Program Credits: 46-47
Estimated Program Length: One year
Offered by the Arts Division , 541.463.5409
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Requirements
Program Coordinator Contact Arts Division, Bldg. 11, Rm. 101
Dean JS Bird
Purpose To prepare students for entry-level positions in the media industry and careers in multimedia design and production.
Learning Outcomes The student who successfully completes all Multimedia Design requirements will:
- Understand the concepts, potential, and implications of communicating ideas using computer-based media technology.
- Become proficient in developing and applying effective visual design strategies for creating interactive multimedia, animation, games, web sites, and photography for business, education, and entertainment industries.
- Use appropriate library and information resources to research media issues, concepts and tools, and support lifelong technical learning.
- Design digital projects incorporating multiple forms of media such as text, graphics, audio, video, and animation.
- Produce, manipulate, and process digital content using computer software applications.
Advising Contact Judy Gates at ArtsPrograms@lanecc.edu
Job Openings and Wages Projected through 2022
Career Pathways Roadmap
Statewide openings - 249 annually
Oregon average hourly - $37.82; average annual - $78,654
Estimated Program Cost
|Resident Tuition and General Student Fees
||Total Estimated Cost
*Course fees may change during the year. See the online credit class schedule for fees assigned to courses.