Total Program Credits: 45 credits
Total Program Prerequisites: 27-28 credits
Estimated Program Length: One year
Offered by the Health Professions Division 541.463.5617
Certificate of Completion Requirements
Program Coordinator Associate Dean of Health Professions 541.463.5754
Dean Grant Matthews
Purpose Completion of this program gives the student a certificate in Practical Nursing (PN) which meets the educational requirements for the national exam for PN licensure (NCLEX-PN).
Learning Outcomes Completion of this program gives the student a certificate in Practical Nursing (PN) which meets the educational requirements for the national exam for PN licensure (NCLEX-PN).
- Identify issues and care for clients in multiple healthcare settings.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to develop a nursing care plan and identify the difference between the LPN and RN roles in developing and implementing the plan.
- Pathophysiology, medical management and nursing intervention in caring for clients with all conditions to include acute, chronic, obstetrics, psychiatric and terminal illnesses.
- Understand the principles of pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics.
Accreditation Practical Nursing, accredited by the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN), 17938 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd., Portland, OR 97163-0685, oregon.gov/OSBN.
Licensing & Certification Completion of this program gives a student a Certificate in Practical Nursing, which meets the educational requirements for the National Exam for PN licensure (NCLEX-PN).
Admission Information Program website: lanecc.edu/hp/nursing
Application website: lanecc.edu/hp/nursing/licensed-practical-nursing-application-information
Drug testing, criminal back-ground check and immunizations required. Consult lanecc.edu/hp/nursing/licensed-practical-nursing Information on criminal background checks and disqualifying crimes can be found at the Oregon Board of Nursing at: https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/displayDivisionRules.action?selectedDivision=3929
Advising For assistance with meeting application or program requirements contact Health Professions Advising in Building 30 at the Information Desk or in Building 1, Room 103 or E-mail NursingProgram@lanecc.edu with your specific questions.
Job Openings and Wages Projected through 2022
Career Pathways Roadmap
Lane County - 10 annually
Oregon - 119 annually
Lane County average hourly - $22.76 average annual - $47,336
Oregon average hourly - $23.97 average annual - $49,871
Estimated Program Cost
|Certification, Licensure, Exams, Physicals
|Program Specific Fees
|Resident Tuition and General Student Fees
||Total Estimated Cost
*This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program. These fees and other course fees may change during the year. See the online credit class schedule for fees assigned to courses.
- Prerequisites are required for some courses. See Courses .
- If math is taken in the self-paced format through the Math Resource Center then all credits must be completed to meet the math requirement.
- The most recent BI 233 course must have been completed within 7 years prior to starting the PN Program.