Total Program Credits: 52
Estimated Program Length: One year
Offered by the Health Professions Division
Certificate of Completion Requirements
Program Coordinator Cory Miner, firstname.lastname@example.org 541-463-5183
Dean: Grant Matthews
Purpose Certificate of Completion was created as a statewide transfer tool. Some Oregon schools offer only the first year of the two-year degree. The certificate of completion qualifies a student to participate in the process for entry into the second year of the Paramedicine AAS offered throughout the state. All Community College paramedic programs follow the same curriculum and accept students transferring from community colleges that only provide the first-year courses.
Learning Outcomes The student who successfully completes all Emergency Medical Technician requirements will:
- Be able to understand, interpret, apply, evaluate and effectively communicate EMS and general medical knowledge necessary to function in a healthcare setting.
- The graduate will: be able to verbally communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate personal behaviors consistent with public and employer expectations of professional EMS providers.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the performance of EMT and/or paramedic skills.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency with the operation of EMT and/or paramedic equipment.
Admission Information Please consult lanecc.edu/hp/emt
Job Openings and Wages Projected through 2022
Career Pathways Roadmap
Lane County openings - 5 annually
Statewide openings - 82 annually
Oregon average hourly - $18.25; average annual - $37,965
Estimated Program Cost
|Certification, Licensure, Exams, Physicals
|Program Specific Fees
|Resident Tuition and General Student Fees
||Total Estimated Cost
*This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program. These fees and other course fees may change during the year. See the online credit class schedule for fees assigned to courses.
- Prerequisites are required for some courses. See course listing .
- Prerequisites are required for BI 231 .
- If Math is taken in the self-paced format through the Math Resource Center, then all credits must be completed to meet the math requirement.