Feb 01, 2023
Length: 17-21 credits
Estimated Cost: $ 3,919
- Resident Tuition: $ 2,783
- Technology Fees: $ 273
- General Student Fees: $ 270
- Online Course Fee: $ 100
- Books / Course Materials: $ 345 (Some courses use Open Educational Resources (OER), which are free or low-cost materials.)
- Program Specific Fees: $ 147
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at https://www.lanecc.edu/costs-admission/tuition-fees-and-payments/credit-tuition.
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives). Any prerequisites required prior to the entry of the program will be listed separately.
** General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
Program Learning Outcomes
This certificate is designed for those individuals pursuing apprenticeship and working towards courses that contribute to the application process. This program allows students to gain maximum points towards the apprenticeship process for some trades. Students get an introduction to the various apprenticeship programs available and gain basic skills to be successful candidates. It also provides a pathway for students interested in pursuing advanced technology programs of study and provides employability skills for entering the workforce.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Meet basic entry-level skills and earn points to apply for an apprenticeship program
PLO 2 - Gain exposure to the advanced technical classes offered at LCC to better identify a construction field of interest
PLO 3 - Earn industry-recognized credentials for employment in the construction fields, including NCCER, OSHA-10, and first aid/CPR certification
PLO 4 - Apply work-ready skills for the construction fields
General Education courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Health (3 credits)
Human Relations (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
- This program follows Certificate of Completion Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- In order to apply for an apprenticeship program, students need algebra which can be completed either in high school or college. Some AAS apprenticeship programs require higher math. Please consult with an academic advisor.
Licensing and Certification
- NCCER Embedded in the Trade Skills Fundamentals class. This certificate is an industry-standard credential. TSF class will administer, an online exam. NCCER will award the 10 credentials.
- OSHA 10 Embedded in the Trade Skills Fundamentals class. This certificate is an industry-standard credential. TSF class will administer the online curriculum and exam. OSHA will award the credential.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Is embedded in HE 252 . Course will administer tests and award certificates.
- Flagger is an LCC course. Course will administer tests.