Nov 28, 2022
Length: 90 credits
Estimated Cost: $17,925
- Resident Tuition: $1,925*
- Technology Fees: $1,170
- General Student Fees: $813**
- Online Course Fee: $900 (if applicable)
- Books / Materials: $461 (Some courses use Open Educational Resources (OER), which are free or low-cost materials.
- Program Specific Fees: $156 (data fee)
- Other Cost / Expenses: $2,500*** (if applicable for Computer + Internet)
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at https://www.lanecc.edu/costs-admission/tuition-fees-and-payments/credit-tuition
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives).
**General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
Program Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this program is to prepare technicians for entry-level positions as software developers.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Design, implement, test, debug and document web based computer programs using a variety of current tools and technologies
PLO 2 - Design, implement, test, debug and document at least one other type of computer program such as: game program, database program, object-oriented program
PLO 3 - Explain and model the relationship between computer programs and organizational processes
PLO 4 - Interpret the mathematical concepts of a programming related problem-solving task and translate them into programming logic and expressions
PLO 5 - Use appropriate library and information resources to research programming tools and technologies and support lifelong technical learning
General Education courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (8 credits) - Complete both of the following:
Math (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Human Relations (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Open Elective (3+ credits):
- Complete any course(s) 100-level or higher to reach 90 credits. See Courses for options.
Program Electives must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted. Complete 12 credits from the following list:
By completing CS 275 and CS 276 students can take the Oracle Certified Foundations Associate Exam.