Jan 28, 2023
Length: 45 credits
Estimated Cost: $ 9,364
- Resident Tuition: $ 5,963*
- Technology Fees: $ 585
- General Student Fees: $ 407**
- Online Course Fee: $ 60 (if applicable)
- Books / Course Materials: $ 300 (Some courses use Open Educational Resources (OER), which are free or low-cost materials.)
- Program Specific Fees: $ 310 (Course Fees)
- Other Cost / Expenses: $ 1740*** (Computer/Internet, Adobe Software)
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at https://www.lanecc.edu/costs-admission/tuition-fees-and-payments/credit-tuition
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives).
**General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
These plans should be used in accordance with myGradPlan, which is the audit tool for degree programs and awards. Please make sure to consult your academic advisor and always check myGradPlan and catalog degree requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is for students considering entry-level positions in web design and production, new media design, or positions with a focus on designing for the web, and online content.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Use appropriate library and information resources to research media topics and issues, concepts and tools, and support lifelong technical and aesthetic learning
PLO 2 - Create functional web pages using relevant front-end web development languages
PLO 3 - Describe the effects of media on society and demonstrate the ethical use of media
PLO 4 - Develop and apply effective visual design strategies for creating web sites, interactive multimedia, and computer-based training for delivery over the Internet and current distribution formats
PLO 5 - Select and employ web writing styles, infographics, imagery, video, sound, and motion graphics to communicate context-appropriate messages
General Education courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (4 credits) - Complete the following:
Math (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Human Relations (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Cooperative Education must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better, or Pass. Complete 3 credits of Cooperative Education.
- This program follows Certificate of Completion Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- Students using lower-credit courses to meet General Education requirements may need to take additional credits to meet the 45-credit minimum.