The Associate of Science Oregon Transfer in Computer Science (ASOT-CS) degree has computer science-focused lower division general education requirements accepted by public universities in Oregon, and electives tailored for requirements at each intended transfer institution. Students transferring with this degree will have junior standing for registration purposes only.
The ASOT-CS degree does not guarantee admission to Oregon universities, admission to a competitive computer science major, or junior standing in a major. Course, class standing, or GPA requirements for specific majors, departments, or schools are not necessarily satisfied by an ASOT-CS degree.
Each student is strongly encouraged to work with an academic advisor to select degree requirement courses that align with requirements at an intended transfer institution. Requirements at institutions vary, and elective choices differ depending on the intended transfer institution. Each student must contact the specific computer science school/program early in the first year of an ASOT-CS degree to be advised about additional requirements and procedures for admission consideration to the transfer institution and the school/program.
For current Lane courses that meet ASOT Foundational and Discipline requirements, see: Approved Discipline Studies Courses for Associate Degrees and Oregon Transfer Module
Estimated Cost: $15,408
- Resident Tuition: $11,925*
- Technology Fees: $1,170
- General Student Fees: $813**
- Online Course Fees: (if applicable)***
- Books / Course Materials: $1,500****
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at https://www.lanecc.edu/costs-admission/tuition-fees-and-payments/credit-tuition.
General Education degrees costs are based on 90 credits and 6 terms
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives).
**General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
***Online Course Fees: $10.00 per course, maximum of $50.00 per course
****Books and materials will vary by class. Please refer to your program or course for specific information on book and material charges. Open Educational Resources (OER) may be available to take the place of more expensive textbooks, reducing the overall cost of taking the class. For more information on classes using free and low-cost materials, visit https://inside.lanecc.edu/oer or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This degree is aligned with Lane’s Institutional Learning Outcomes and the State General Education Learning Outcomes .
- Complete a total of 90 credits of college-level coursework (see notes).
- Complete at least 24 credits at Lane.
- Foundational Skills and Discipline Studies courses must be a minimum of 3 credits, except for Health/Wellness/Fitness courses, which may be any number of credits.
- All Elective courses may be any number of credits.
- Computer Science Specific requirements (see below) must be completed with a letter grade of C or better. P/NP is not accepted. All other courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
- Maximum 16 credits Pass may be used toward degree. This limit does not include courses only offered P/NP.
- Cumulative GPA must be at least 2.0 at the time the Associate of Science Oregon Transfer: Computer Science degree is awarded.
Note: Many Computer Science programs have competitive admission. Minimum GPA and grades will not generally be high enough to gain admission to competitive programs.