Nov 28, 2021
Length: 46 credits
Estimated Cost: $7,778.00
- Resident Tuition: $5,796.00*
- Technology Fees: $506.00
- General Student Fees: $402.00**
- Online Course Fee: (if applicable)
- Books / Course Materials: $849.00
- Program Specific Fees: $225.00 (Course Fees and Materials)
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives). Any prerequisites required prior to the entry of the program will be listed separately.
** General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
Program Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this program is to train students in the technical skills and knowledge of the construction industry. The graduate of this program can expect to work in the residential and commercial building construction field.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Cut, fit, and assemble wood and other materials for building construction
PLO 2 - Recognize and explain the importance of the relationships among building components in the process of assembling a structure
PLO 3 - Demonstrate and use industry safety standards
PLO 4 - Use blueprint reading skills necessary to the profession
PLO 5 - Establish field elevations and develop building layouts through the use of various surveying tools
PLO 6 - Acknowledge the various areas of the construction industry and explain how different occupations integrate into the field as a whole
GENERAL EDUCATION courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Math (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Human Relations (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Program Core Courses
PROGRAM CORE courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass. Students must complete 5 credits each of CST 118A, 118B and 118C, for a total of 15 credits.
- This program is fully contained in the Construction Technology, AAS degree.
- This program follows the Certificate of Completion Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is recommended for all applicants to this program.
- Cooperative Education (Co-op): In certain circumstances, co-op experience may be substituted for major coursework. For more information, please see your Academic Advisor or Program Coordinator.