Nov 29, 2021
Length: 22 credits
Estimated Cost: $5,598.00
- Resident Tuition: $2,772.00*
- Technology Fees: $242.00
- General Student Fees: $402.00**
- Online Course Fee: (if applicable)
- Books / Course Materials: $115.00
- Program Specific Fees: $686.00 (culinary course fees)
- Other Cost / Expenses: $430.00*** (knife, baker kit, uniform & shoes)
- Differential Fees: $951.00****
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives).
**General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
Term-by Term Course Plan
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is for students who want to gain entry into the food service industry as beginning bakers and pastry cooks.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Independently produce a wide range of baked goods employing current technologies and traditional baking methods
PLO 2 - Safely and effectively operate current standard commercial bakery equipment including cook tops, food processors, ovens (baking, convection, and conventional), dough mixers, and a variety of kitchen hand tools
PLO 3 - Perform basic math functions, measure and scale ingredients and portions, and convert recipes to higher and lower yields
PLO 4 - Consistently employ sanitation concepts including high standards of personal hygiene, appropriate cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, and correct processing and storage of potentially hazardous foods according to the HACCP concept
- Selective-entry admission; there is a separate program application located at lanecc.edu/culinary/baking-and-pastry.
- There are non-refundable program fees to cover tools and uniforms. There is a uniform fitting around four weeks prior to classes commencing.
- Must obtain Oregon Health Authority Food Handlers Certification before being accepted into the program.
- Show readiness for MTH 025C or higher and WR 097 or higher.
Math must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass; and may be taken prior to program entry or during any program term.
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted.