May 26, 2022
Length: 20 credits
Estimated Cost: $4,128.00
- Resident Tuition: $2,520.00*
- Technology Fees: $220.00
- General Student Fees: $402.00**
- Online Course Fees: (if applicable)
- Books / Materials: $8.00
- Program Specific Fees: $78.00 (Data Fee)
- Other Cost / Expenses: $900.00*** (Computer / Internet)
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives).
**General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
Program Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this program is to prepare technicians for entry-level positions as database specialists.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Design, implement, test, debug and document relational database systems using a variety of current tools and technologies
PLO 2 - Explain and model the relationship between computer programs and organizational processes
PLO 3 - Translate database related problems into SQL logic and expressions
PLO 4 - Use appropriate library and information resources to research database technologies and support lifelong technical learning
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted.
- This program is fully contained in the Computer Programming, AAS degree.
- This program follows the Career Pathway Certificate of Completion Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- Computer programming languages: Students who complete more than one CS 161 or CS 162 programming language course should be aware that transfer institutions may count multiple 161 or 162 courses as repeats, and may not accept them in transfer. Students wishing to complete multiple programming courses should first take a CS 161/162 series and then enroll in CS 133/233 course series for any subsequent programming languages.
By completing CS 275 and CS 276 , students can take the Oracle Certified Foundations Associate Exam.