Jan 23, 2022
Length: 104 credits
Estimated Cost: $20,502.00
- Resident Tuition: $13,104.00*
- Technology Fees: $1,144.00
- General Student Fees: $804.00**
- Online Course Fee: $ (if applicable)
- Books / Course Materials: $300.00
- Program Specific Fees: $4,650.00 (Course Fees, and Exams/Licensure)
- Other Cost / Expenses: $500.00*** (Tools and Supplies)
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives).
**General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
Program Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this program is to prepare technicians to repair and maintain aircraft in operating condition, and qualify for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification exams (written, oral and practical) for the Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Troubleshoot, inspect, repair, and maintain aircraft to airworthy standards, and provide documented Return to Service
PLO 2 - Apply industry-specific test-taking and time management skills to the requirements of the FAA written, oral, and practical certification exams in the areas of Airframe and Powerplant ratings
PLO 3 - Demonstrate and use industry safety and professionalism standards
PLO 4 - Navigate aviation libraries, databases, and publications in English to access data and procedures relating to aircraft maintenance processes and best practices
PLO 5 - Utilize mathematical processes to understand and ensure compliance with manufacturers' limits
PLO 6 - Explain the importance and steps of -- and thoroughly execute -- specific, complex multi-step processes
General Education courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass. MTH 075 (or equivalent) must be completed by the end of the Year One. MTH 085 (or equivalent) must be completed by the end of Winter Term, Year Two.
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
- This program follows Certificate of Completion Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- Required for admission: Placement into WR 097 or WR 115 , or prior college. A high school diploma or equivalent is recommended for all applicants to this program. Procedures for crediting and guidelines for the determination of documented military or field experience are available through application with the FAA liaison.
- General Education courses (except mathematics) are not required for two-year FAA Airframe and Powerplant airman's certificate exams.
- MTH 075 - Applied Algebra for Technicians must be completed by the end of the Year One.
- One of the following options may be substituted for MTH 075 : 1) MTH 070 or 2) MTH 060 + MTH 065 or 3) MTH 095 or higher Algebra course or 4) Any 200-level math course (except MTH 243 and MTH 261 ).
- MTH 085 - Applied Geometry for Technicians must be completed by the end of Winter Term, Year Two.
- One of the following options may be substituted for MTH 085 : 1) MTH 097 or 2) MTH 112 .
- Writing requirement must be completed by the end of Year Two.
- Graduates hoping to transfer to a four-year institution should meet with their Academic Advisor or Program Coordinator.
- Cooperative Education: Under the supervision of the Aviation Maintenance Co-op Coordinator and as approved by the AMT Chief Instructor and Return to Service instructor, a maximum of six Co-op credits in AV 280 may be authorized in lieu of the final Return to Service course. Co-op may be taken summer term. Learn more about Cooperative Education at lanecc.edu/cooped
Licensing and Certification
Accreditation: Aviation Maintenance, approved under Part 147 of the Federal Aviation Regulations of the Federal Aviation Administration.
Licensing and Certification: AMTS EM8T117Q Airframe and Powerplant Ratings.