Dec 01, 2021
Length: 15 credits
Estimated Cost: $ 3,240.00
- Resident Tuition: $ 1,890.00*
- Technology Fees: $ 165.00
- General Student Fees: $ 134.00**
- Online Course Fee: ( If applicable )
- Books / Course Materials: $ 329.00
- Program Specific Fees: $ 722.00 (Course Fees)
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives).
**General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
Program Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this program is to prepare graduates for employment for entry-level positions in the metal fabrication industry.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Demonstrate proficiency at an industry entry-level with various wire drive processes
PLO 2 - Weld and cut metal as is typical of circumstances found in industrial environments
PLO 3 - Demonstrate and use industry safety standards
Program Core Courses
WLD courses must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted. MFG and MTH courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass. Take the maximum number of credits listed for WLD courses.
Welding Core - 3 courses:
Complete WLD 143, WLD 154 and either WLD 140 or 141.
- WLD 143 - Wire Drive Welding 1 1-4 Credit(s)
- WLD 154 - Wire Drive Welding 2 1-4 Credit(s)
One Welder Qualification (CERT) course from the following (3 credits):
Geometry - 1 course:
One geometry course from the following:
NOTE: WLD 111 may be substituted for the geometry requirement.
- This program is fully contained in the Welding Processes, 1-yr Certificate .
- This program follows Career Pathway Certificate of Completion Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is recommended for all applicants to this program.
- Students may be able to substitute an alternative welding course. Please see an Academic Advisor to arrange pre-approved substitutions.
- AAS: Fabrication / Welding Technology students will be awarded this Pathway upon completion of degree.