Jul 23, 2021
Length: 90 credits
Estimated Cost: $ 17,534.00
Resident Tuition: $ 11,340.00*
Technology Fees: $ 990.00
General Student Fees: $ 804.00**
Online Course Fee: $ 180.00 ( If applicable )
Books / Course Materials: $ 1,700.00
Program Specific Fees: $ 1,020.00 (Course Fees)
Other Cost / Expenses: $ 1,500.00*** (Computer / Internet)
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives).
**General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
Term-by-Term Course Plan
Program Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this program is to prepare graduates for entry-level positions in the fields of graphic and digital design.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Design a variety of graphic materials including advertising, corporate identity, publications, packaging, signage, marketing, and web graphics
PLO 2 - Solve graphic communication problems through the use of computer technology used in the field
PLO 3 - Demonstrate understanding of fundamental art, communication, and marketing principles in the development of design solutions
PLO 4 - Demonstrate understanding of professional business standards and practices
PLO 5 - Demonstrate ability to design and produce materials that will meet professional standards for reproduction
PLO 6 - Use appropriate library and information resources to research design problems, issues, and technology, as well as, to support lifelong technical learning
General Education courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (4 credits) - Complete the following:
Math (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Human Relations (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Cooperative Education must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted. Complete 6 credits of Cooperative Education.
Electives must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted. Complete 5 credits of Electives. Choose any combination of courses from the following subject list (see complete course listing for information about specific courses):
- ARH - Art History
- ART - Art
- AUD - Audio Production
- CINE - Cinema Studies
- FA - Film Arts
- J - Journalism
- MDP - Multimedia Production
- MUL - Multimedia
- VP - Video Production
- This program follows the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- Cooperative Education (Co-op) offers students college credit and a grade for on-the-job work experience related to their educational and career goals. Contact Teresa Hughes, Graphic Design Cooperative Education Coordinator, Bldg. 17, Rm. 106, 541-463-3179, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students using lower-credit courses to meet General Education requirements may need to take additional credits to meet the 90-credit minimum.