Dec 06, 2021
Length: 91 credits
Estimated Cost: $17,644.00
- Resident Tuition: $11,466.00*
- Technology Fees: $1,001.00
- General Student Fees: $804.00**
- Online Course Fee: $990.00 (if applicable)
- Books / Materials: $1,963.00
- Other Costs / Expenses: $1500.00***
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives). Any prerequisites required prior to the entry of the program will be listed separately.
** General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
Term-by Term Course Plan
Program Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this program is to prepare graduates to enter the field of accounting.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Operate effectively within time constraints to meet the accounting needs of financial, tax, payroll, and legal compliance requirements
PLO 2 - Use computerized and manual systems to record accounting data and prepare accounting statements and reports
PLO 3 - Perform on the job in ways that reflect professional ethics, legal standards, and organizational expectations
PLO 4 - Use accounting and financial information to make informed and timely planning and budgeting decisions to promote organizational goals
PLO 5 - Utilize current software technologies, including word processing, spreadsheets, and document management systems to input, organize, create, and present professional documents, workpapers, and presentations for both internal and external users
PLO 6 - Use research and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support business decisions
General Education courses must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (4 credits):
Mathematics (8-9 credits) - Complete two courses:
- Math Course #1 (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
- Math Course #2 (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Health / PE / Dance (3 credits):
- Complete any Health (HE), Physical Education (PE, PEAT, PEO), or Dance (D) course or any combination of these courses.
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a letter grade of C or better. P/NP is not accepted. BA 278 meets the Human Relations requirement.
Cooperative Education and Seminar courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better. P/NP is not accepted.
Cooperative Education (5 credits) - Complete both of the following: