Nov 28, 2022
Length: 45 credits
Estimated Cost: $ 9,072.00
- Resident Tuition: $ 5,670.00*
- Technology Fees: $ 495.00
- General Student Fees: $ 402.00**
- Online Course Fee: $ 100.00 ( If applicable )
- Books / Course Materials: $ 600.00
- Program Specific Fees: $ 305.00 (Course Fees)
- Other Cost / Expenses: $ 1500.00***(Computer/Internet)
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives).
**General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
*** Any special info about program costs or expenses.
**** This is the total of all the differential fees attached to the courses in this program.
Term-by-Term Course Plan
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is for students considering entry-level positions in web design and production, new media design, or positions with a focus on designing for the web, and online content.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
PLO 1 - Use appropriate library and information resources to research media topics and issues, concepts and tools, and support lifelong technical and aesthetic learning
PLO 2 - Create functional web pages using relevant front-end web development languages
PLO 3 - Describe the effects of media on society and demonstrate the ethical use of media
PLO 4 - Develop and apply effective visual design strategies for creating web sites, interactive multimedia, and computer-based training for delivery over the Internet and current distribution formats
PLO 5 - Select and employ web writing styles, infographics, imagery, video, sound, and motion graphics to communicate context-appropriate messages
General Education courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Writing (4 credits) - Complete the following:
Math (4-5 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Human Relations (3-4 credits) - Complete one of the following:
Program Core Courses
Program Core courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better, or Pass.
Cooperative Education must be completed with a letter grade of C- or better, or Pass. Complete 3 credits of Cooperative Education.
- This program follows Certificate of Completion Requirements unless otherwise specified.
- Students using lower-credit courses to meet General Education requirements may need to take additional credits to meet the 45-credit minimum.