The Associate of Science Oregon Transfer in Business (ASOT- Business) degree has business-focused lower division general education requirements accepted by public universities in Oregon, and electives tailored for requirements at each intended transfer institution. Students transferring with this degree will have junior standing for registration purposes.
The ASOT-Business degree does not guarantee admission to Oregon universities, admission to a competitive business major, or junior standing in a major. Course, class standing, or GPA requirements for specific majors, departments, or schools are not necessarily satisfied by an ASOT-Business degree.
Each student is strongly encouraged to work with an academic advisor to select degree requirement courses that align with requirements at an intended transfer institution. Requirements at institutions vary, and elective choices differ depending on the intended transfer institution. Each student must contact the specific business school/program early in the first year of an ASOT-Business degree to be advised about additional requirements and procedures for admission consideration to the transfer institution and the Business school/program.
For current Lane courses that meet ASOT Foundational and Discipline requirements, see: Approved Discipline Studies Courses for Associate Degrees and Oregon Transfer Module
Estimated Cost: $14,634.00
- Resident Tuition: $11,340.00*
- Technology Fees: $990.00
- General Student Fees: $804.00**
- Online Course Fees: ***
- Books / Course Materials: $1,500.00****
Costs provided are estimates only. Learn more and view current tuition and fee information at lanecc.edu/esfs/credit-tuition.
General Education degrees costs are based on 90 credits and 6 terms
* Resident tuition is based on all program requirements (general education, core, directed electives).
**General Student fees are paid once each term, depending on whether you are taking classes on Main Campus, or at one of the outreach centers or by distance learning.
***Online Course Fees: $10.00 per course, maximum of $50.00 per course
****Books and materials will vary by class. Please refer to your program or course for specific information on book and material charges. Open Educational Resources (OER) may be available to take the place of more expensive textbooks, reducing the overall cost of taking the class. For more information on classes using free and low-cost materials, visit lanecc.edu/oer or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This degree is aligned with Lane's Institutional Learning Outcomes and the State General Education Learning Outcomes .
- Complete a total of 90 credits college-level coursework (see notes).
- Complete at least 24 credits at Lane.
- Foundational Skills and Discipline Studies courses must be a minimum of 3 credits.
- All Elective courses may be any number of credits.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of "C-" or better, or Pass.
- Maximum 16 credits "P" may be used toward degree. This limit does not include courses only offered P/NP.
- Cumulative GPA must be at least 2.0 at the time the Associate of Science Oregon Transfer: Business degree is awarded.
Note: Many Business programs have competitive admission. Minimum GPA and grades will not generally be high enough to gain admission to competitive programs.