SOC 204_H - Introduction to Sociology-Honors
This honors class delves deeper into course topics and requires a high level of student motivation; the pace may be faster than non-honors courses. See www.lanecc.edu/honors for information. Introduction to fundamental concepts in sociology, such as culture, social structure, organizations, socialization, deviance, and stratification, as well as theoretical traditions and research methodology. Development and application of the sociological imagination. May be offered online. Students cannot receive credit for both SOC 204_H and SOC 204.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
1. Define and apply fundamental concepts in sociology.
2. Utilize the sociological imagination to recognize connections between individual experiences, social structure and processes, and social change.
3. Appreciate the value of social science research methods for understanding social realities.
4. Recognize the significance of social differentiation (diversity) and globalization in human group life .
5. Identify social forces that contribute to issues of concern in contemporary societies.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)