COOP 280SL - Co-op Ed: Service Learning
Gain service-related experience to address community needs in by volunteering either on-campus or with community partners. Students will practice critical thinking, citizenship and civic responsibility, develop skills, explore career options, and network with professionals while earning college credit. Students set learning objectives and engage in faculty-led guided reflection activities. Please contact the Service Learning cooperative education coordinator before attempting to register.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Integrate classroom learning with field experience.
2. Describe their work experience in their career field and growth in knowledge of the career field.
3. Demonstrate and explain advanced skills and knowledge gained at the workplace.
4. Demonstrate foundational job search and workplace competencies.
5. Describe understanding of workplace culture.
6. Demonstrate college core learning outcomes in communication and use of technology.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)