Jan 27, 2022
CIS 101 - Computer Fundamentals4 Credit(s)
A hands-on introduction to personal computers and application software. Students will learn basic computer terminology, the role of computers in society, and the use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and Internet software. May also be offered through Distance Learning.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Understand and be able to converse in basic computer terminology.
2. Formulate opinions about the impact of computers on society.
3. Create, format, and save word processing documents.
4. Create, format and save simple spreadsheets.
5. Create an overhead presentation.
6. Create and enter records into a simple database.
7. Use select queries to retrieve information from a database.
8. Access and evaluate Internet-based information.
9. Use e-mail to communicate with others.
10. Be able to organize disks and files.
11. Integrate software applications into their life and school work.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)