CG 203 - Human Relations at Work
This course presents the interpersonal 'people skills' that are important in the modern workplace. Topics are varied. Focus includes awareness of individual work styles and how to work effectively with people with different styles in a diverse workplace. May be offered online.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Identify their individual work style and personality (i.e., where they like to focus their attention, the way they like to take in information and the way they like to make decisions), and the strengths and weaknesses of that style.
2. Describe and utilize appropriate communication skills including non-verbal communication and active listening. Describe barriers to communication and how to overcome them. Recognize, describe, and demonstrate Assertive behavior and describe how it differs from Passive and Aggressive behavior.
3. Describe the characteristics of an effective work team, the typical stages of team development, and how to be a capable team member.
4. Understand the issues involved in working with people from different cultural backgrounds and how to work effectively in a diverse workplace.
5. Describe and demonstrate the rules of principled negotiation" and conflict resolution.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)