Jan 19, 2022
BA 214 - Business Communications4 Credit(s)
Introduction to communication theory with emphasis in writing direct, indirect, and persuasive letters, and a formal researched report. Introduction to appropriate formatting of business documents using proper grammar, formatting, tone, and effectiveness. Business-related presentations that inform, recommend, and train will be given.
Prerequisite: BT 108 and WR 121 .
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Reduce barriers to effective listening and become more active listeners.
2. Understand communication theory and use in written assignments and oral assignments.
3. Plan, organize, and write direct letters, indirect letters, and persuasive letters.
4. Prepare, revise, and refine formatted letters.
5. Proofread letters for typographical, spelling, grammatical, and mechanical faults, and evaluate placement of message on the page.
6. Plan, research, and format a formal report on a topic relating to business.
7. Share formal report content in an oral presentation.
8. Give well-organized, clear business presentations that inform, recommend, and train.
9. Develop effective electronic business presentations.
10. Create correctly formatted business documents.
11. Use library resources to effectively obtain information needed for business reports and presentations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)