APR 165 - Plumbing Basic Installation 2
Designed for Oregon state-registered apprentices employed in the plumbing trade. This course will include review of proper installation and testing techniques that apply to water heaters. Identification, troubleshooting and repair of water heaters, fixtures, valves, and faucets will also be included along with federal guidelines. Code requirements will be included for each section.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Identify and explain the functions of the basic components of water heaters.
2. Install both an electric and gas water heater and describe the safety hazards associated with both.
3. Identify the major components of the following fuel systems and describe the function of each component: natural gas, LP gas (liquefied petroleum gas), and fuel oil.
4. Demonstrate familiarity with applicable fuel gas codes.
5. Identify the proper procedures for repairing and maintaining fixtures, valves, and faucets.
6. Relate the provisions of the UPC to all types of plumbing installations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)