APR 162 - Plumbing Basic Waste Water Systems
Designed for Oregon state-registered apprentices employed in the plumbing trade. Students will be introduced to the DWV systems, the characteristics of water, how to select proper water pipe size, and explain the principle of backflow prevention. Hot water heaters will be discussed along with hands-on troubleshooting of electric and gas water heaters. Uniform Plumbing Code compliance will also be discussed with reference to specific articles.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Explain DWV systems and how to remove waste safely and effectively.
2. Identify DWV piping materials.
3. Explain the characteristics of water.
4. Select proper water pipe sizing based on specification.
5. Select plumbing fixtures, water heaters, and hot water systems based on desired results and related code and explain how hot water heaters function.
6. Identify how system components work and apply drain and vent sizing, grade, and waste treatment.
7. Explain the major components of water distribution systems, their functions, and water sources and treatment methods.
8. Explain the characteristics and importance of backflow prevention. 9. Identify and apply articles in Uniform Plumbing Code.
Add to Portfolio