OST 280 - Co-op Ed: Occupational Skills
In this course students earn college credit for on-the-job work experience related to his or her educational and career goals. Students integrate theory and practice, develop skills, expand career knowledge and make contact for future employment. Twenty to 26 credits of co-op are required for the Occupational Skills certificate.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Integrate classroom learning with field experience.
2. Describe their work experience in their career field and growth in knowledge of the career field.
3. Demonstrate and explain advanced skills and knowledge gained at the workplace.
4. Demonstrate foundational job search and workplace competencies.
5. Describe understanding of workplace culture.
6. Demonstrate college core learning outcomes in communication and use of technology.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)