APR 143I - Industrial Instrumentation Technician Electrical Theory and National Electrical Code
Designed for Oregon state-recognized apprentices employed in a trade or industry-related occupation. This course explores cable selection buses, network systems and fiber optic communications. An emphasis is placed on connections as used in various video and control systems. Students will gain knowledge of the basic theory, vocabulary and safety practices common to communication and control systems.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Select switching devices for specific applications.
2. Demonstrate proper techniques in low voltage cabling.
3. Employ NEC practices common to the Limited Energy trade.
4. Identify computer related hardware as it applies to information technology installations.
5. Solve troubleshooting problems through the use of specialized test equipment.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)