WLD 140 - Welder Qualification (Cert): Wire Drive Processes
This course studies the purpose and standards of the American Welding Society and American Society of Mechanical Engineers procedure and welder qualification tests. It also provides instruction and practice in the preparation, welding and finishing of test specimens to code standards using wire drive processes.
Prerequisite: WLD 143 or WLD 154 or WLD 112 and (WLD 113 or WLD 114 ) or instructor consent.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Explain the purpose, legal implications and functions of pre-qualified and welder qualification code tests
2. Explain the code test variables found on Procedure Qualification Data Sheets
3. Explain the extent and limitations of the applicability of a particular code test
4. Explain the difference between a procedure and pre-qualified code test
5. Correctly prepare and assemble materials to be welded to code test standards
6. Weld plate or pipe to AWS or ASME code standards using wire drive processes
7. Pass an AWS or ASME Welder Qualification Test using a wire drive welding process
8. Prepare to AWS or ASME standards welded-to-code coupons for guided bend testing
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)