APR 241I - Industrial Instrumentation Technician Drawings, Conductors, Terminations and Splices
Designed for Oregon state-recognized apprentices employed in a trade or industry-related occupation. This course explores the theory and safety practices employed in audio, nurse call, CCTV and Broadband systems along with the NEC codes that regulate their use and installation. Students will gain knowledge consisting of the basic theory, vocabulary and safety practices common to audio and nurse call systems.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Calculate the power required for an audio system.
2. Describe methods and equipment used in nurse call system installations.
3. Identify acceptable signal levels for broadband systems.
4. Explain the use of common CCTV equipment.
5. Identify various types of components used in camera systems.
6. Reference various NEC articles as they apply to broadband systems.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)