SOC 206 - Institutions and Social Change
Sociological analysis of fundamental social institutions, such as family, education, the economy, and the state. Connections among institutions, and the forces and dynamics of social change.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
1. Utilize sociological theory and research to analyze major social institutions.
2. Utilize sociological theory and research to analyze forces and dynamics of social change.
3. Recognize how the structure of institutions contribute to diversity and inequality among social groups.
4. Consider the significance of social structure and social change for understanding individual experiences.
5. Understand aspects of globalization that contribute to issues of concern in contemporary societies.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)