PE 117 - Strength Training
Emphasis on progressive resistance training using a variety of exercise modalities including barbells, dumbbells, resistance bands, body weight, and machines. Develop strength, muscular size, toning, and improve general physical condition. Proper technique and lifting programs will be discussed. Repeatable up to 12 credits.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Gain overall body strength and appearance.
2. Develop knowledge of weight training skills, terminology, rules, safety, and basic human anatomy.
3. Progressively develop their strength training skills.
4. Develop knowledge of basic exercises for all major muscles groups.
5. Gain knowledge of exercise programs and routine.
6. Understand basic nutrition principles as they relate to lifelong weight maintenance and fueling for performance.
7. Improve fitness level.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)