ART 228 - Graphic Design Production 2
An intermediate course in digital production with emphasis on professional standards of production.
Prerequisite: ART 227 with a grade of B- or better
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate professional typesetting, layout and proofing production skills
2. Identify technical issues of digital prepress including file size, file type, resolution, embedded files, trapping, converting PMS, etc.
3. Demonstrate ability to successfully produce a variety of design projects
4. Demonstrate ability to assess production requirements and troubleshoot problems
5. Produce a variety of graphic design projects (most from supplied layouts)
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)