EL 115R - Critical Thinking for College Reading
This course is designed for students who wish to strengthen their study skills and strategies. Students will learn how to take notes from lectures and textbooks, use their preferred learning styles, study for tests, improve memory, read and study from textbooks, manage time effectively, use the library, and make visual study tools. Coursework requires college-level reading skills.
Corequisite: RD 087 .
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Develop time management and goal setting strategies.
2. Demonstrate a variety of textbook reading strategies.
3. Generate notes in a variety of formats from diverse sources.
4. Locate and use basic resources in LCC Library.
5. Apply various memory techniques.
6. Employ exam preparation and exam taking techniques.
7. Monitor progress in strengthening study skills and strategies.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)