ECE 210 - Applying Early Childhood Curriculum
Study of best practices and a Reggio-inspired approach to early childhood education. There is an emphasis on the design of the environment as the "third teacher", including the development of inquiry-based STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) activities as well as the outdoor environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. To develop appropriate goals for preschool children and programs based on observation.
2. To plan a curriculum including specific kinds of learning opportunities based on a developmental model of early education.
3. To construct teaching materials supporting specific methods and plans.
4. To analyze one's own teaching experience and goals, then match planning to philosophy of teaching and educational practice.
5. To explore a variety of STEM teaching methods and goals for young children.
6. To summarize and explore basic outdoor children's games.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)