Jan 24, 2022
DH 244B - Oral Radiology1 Credit(s)
Clinical Lab required for DH 244A.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the purpose and use of panoramic imaging and utilize this knowledge on live clients.
- Understand the principles and application of extra-oral imaging, including types and composition of extra-oral film.
- Discuss the use and rationale of vertical bitewing exposures.
- Learn the basic skills required for radiographic interpretation of dental caries.
- Learn the basic skills required for radiographic interpretation of periodontal disease.
- Learn the basic skills required for radiographic interpretation of pulpal and periapical lesions.
- Learn the basic skills required for radiographic interpretation of developmental disturbances and lesions associated with bone.
- Understand the principles of digital and newer imaging systems as well as utilizing digital radiography and dental practice management systems.
- Learn the basic skills required to expose radiographs on pedodontic and partially/fully edentulous clients.
- Understand the importance of quality assurance, and practice radiologic health and safety measures.
- Understand how to maintain processing equipment to consistently produce quality radiographs.
- Understand and utilize film and PID placement using both the paralleling and bisection of the angle techniques.
- Understand the concept of patient management
- Demonstrate accurate recording of radiographic information in client's record.
- Demonstrate strict adherence to all methods for the prevention of disease transmission presented.
- Know Lane Community College's radiation policies.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)