DH 120A - Clinical Dental Hygiene 3 Lecture/seminar
Lecture, instructional lab and clinical course focusing upon the dental hygiene process of care, advanced instrumentation techniques and treatment of the slight to moderate periodontal patient.
Prerequisite: Admission to Dental Hygiene program
Corequisite: DH120A and DH 120B require simultaneous registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Recognize and identify specific organisms microscopically which are present in health and in disease.
2. Identify and describe the four microbiologic risk factors.
3. Utilize the microscope specimen for patient motivation.
4. Describe the learning process.
5. Discuss how health attitudes and value systems are developed.
6. Describe the learning ladder continuum.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)