CA 124 - Seasonal Baking and Pastry 1
Course may be repeated for credit for up to six credits. It is designed to apply classical baking and pastry techniques with the use of seasonal produce. Students will learn about local produce availability as well as Oregon's agricultural organic and sustainable values.
Prerequisite: COC/CAHRTM Majors only.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental baking and pastry techniques and methods.
2. Develop essential baking and pastry skills with some proficiency.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of regional cuisine and the history and availability of local fruits and vegetables each season.
4. Demonstrate an awareness of Oregon agriculture and its organic and sustainable values.
5. Have knowledge of holidays and cultural traditions through seasonal recipes.
6. Have knowledge of sustainable cuisine practices of farms, markets, vendors and restaurants.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)